Aeropuerto de Cozumel Antonio González Fernández
Cozumel, Quintana Roo, 77600.
+52 (33) 4170 8243
Monday to Sunday 5:00 to 24:00
Rental Car in Cozumel
For all travelers and sea lovers Cozumel is a special destination. It’s an island located in the Caribbean Sea of Mexico, off the country’s eastern coast. It’s formed by limestone and represents the Mexico’s third-largest island in extension and the second one most populated.
Although Cozumel has a great variety of attractions and premium services known around the world, it has something more special: its luxuriant nature, which can be seen from any point on the island, that’s why UNESCO included it in the Biosphere World Reserve Network.
Its higher point is just 13 meters above sea level, and like others cities of Quintana Roo State, Cozumel has many submerged caverns, known as Cenotes, being some Mexico’s places you must see, because apart from being spectacular grottoes, they also had an important meaning in Mayan Culture, as a symbolic link between heaven, hell and earth, from their own worldview.
Therefore, Mexican cenotes are part of firsts places visited for tourists searching for feeling the special energy of these ancient places, either to enjoy its crystal waters or for leaving bad thoughts behind.
On the other hand, in Cozumel you can receive the first solar rays in all Mexico, and along its beautiful beaches many water sports for experts and beginners are practiced, from basic snorkeling, to specialties of professional diving, due to the island has multiple corals and crystal waters which allow you to know and see a bit more about sea life’s mysteries.
In case you are interested also in activities out of water, Cozumel offers you sport fishing, zip lines, motorcycle and bicycle rides, and rappel, besides archeological explorations on San Gervasio.
As you can see, it is an island with so much to offer, that’s why the following lines will give you some useful advices to enjoy everything without limits.
All you should know before coming to Cozumel:
- Best time to visit Cozumel: Generally, the bigger number of tourists prefer to come in February, because these two reasons: The carnival festivals, and the pleasant weather, due to our rainy season starts in July and continues until November, between Summer and Autumn.
- You can take a day-long trip to Playa del Carmen from Cozumel, since middle day to evening. Tickets are sold directly in the pier and it will take you a bit more than an hour to arrive.
- When cruises arrive to the island, almost each commercial space closes its doors before 4 pm, time for visitors get back to ships. However, pubs, bars and restaurants stay open until night.
- If you are a sunset’s big fan, be sure to visit Cozumel pier around 6 pm.
- Quiets beaches are located in the east, but there, you will not find many commercial spaces. So, if you are looking for a peaceful place by the seashore the east is for you, but you must bring your own food and drinks. Then, once the day ends up, please return with your trash.
- If you want diving, it’s important to know that although a special physical condition it’s not needed, you should be able of swimming for at least 20 minutes without any difficulty.
- The high season starts in December ending up in April; however Cozumel is visited by cruises during the whole year.
- Don’t miss the opportunity of knowing Cozumel’s archeological zone of San Gervasio.
- For tasting typical gastronomy we recommend you to visit the Cozumel’s market, which it’s located some meters away from Downtown.
- Taking taxis could be very expensive, so the most transport convenient option for you should be renting a car in Cozumel. It will be cheaper and comfortable for you and your passengers.
What do you need to rent a car in Cozumel without credit card?
Mas by Mex Rent a Car offers you some advantages to make the car rental in any city of Mexico very much simpler. Now all you need is:
1- Being of legal age.
2- Driving license.
3- ID or passport.
You can pay online using our platform, with your MasterCard, VISA, and very soon American Express. Then, when you pick up the car you will not need presenting a credit card to make effective the renting with us.
Also, you can rent a car in Cozumel without a deposit, as soon as you show your flight ticket for returning to your city and your arrival flight ticket.
In case you are coming for business and you need a rent invoice, you can download it from platform. Besides, we have created an all-inclusive rate (Rent and total insurance)
At last, we have to say: Cozumel is, with no doubt, one of the most special destinies in Mexico.
Enjoy this amazing trip; make new memories and discover every corner renting a car in Cozumel with Más by Mex Rent a Car.
Car Categories for Rental at Cozumel Airport
Volkswagen Vento or Similar
Compact - Automatic
Kia Rio or Similar
Economy - Automatic
Volkswagen Jetta or Similar
Fullsize - Automatic
Nissan Versa or Similar
Volkswagen Polo or Similar
Mini - Automatic
Hyundai Elantra or Similar
Standard Size - Automatic
Vehicle to be determined at pick-up
Hyundai Creta or Similar
Compact SUV - Automatic
Kia Soul or Similar
Mini SUV - Automatic
Toyota Hiace or Similar
Fullsize Van - Manual
Kia Sedona or Similar
Midsize Van - Automatic
Toyota Sienna or Similar
Mini Van - Automatic
Toyota Camry or Similar
Luxury - Automatic
Kia Optima or Similar
Premium - Automatic
Jeep Wrangler 4x4 or Similar
Standard Size SUV - Automatic 4x4